Praise for this boating classic:
“The most up-to-date and readable book we've seen on the subject.”—Sailing World
“Deserves a place on any diesel-powered boat.”—Motor Boat & Yachting
“Clear, logical, and even interesting to read.”—Cruising World
Keep your diesel engine going with help from a master mechanic
Marine Diesel Engines has been the bible for do-it-yourself boatowners for more than 15 years. Now updated with information on fuel injection systems, electronic engine controls, and other new diesel technologies, Nigel Calder's bestseller has everything you need to keep your diesel engine running cleanly and efficiently.
Marine Diesel Engines explains how to:
- Diagnose and repair engine problems
- Perform routine and annual maintenance
- Extend the life and improve the efficiency of your engine
Nigel Calder is widely acknowledged as the world's foremost writer on boat systems maintenance. A diesel mechanic for more than 35 years, he has also been a boatbuilder, cabinetmaker, and machinist. Calder is the author of How to Read a Nautical Chart, Nigel Calder's Cruising Handbook, and Boatowner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual.
Learn how to:
- Cure overheating
- Fix your transmission
- Retrofit a new diesel engine
- Flush your cooling system
- Change your oil
- Clean your electrical system
- Replace fuel filters and bleed air from the fuel system
- Troubleshoot virtually any problem
Nigel Calder, a diesel mechanic, boatbuilder,
and machinist, is widely acknowledged as the world’s foremost writer
on boat systems maintenance.